Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit and the door which gives access to the other Sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God and daughters. We become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water and in the word." CCC. # 1213
Infant Baptism are celebrated the first Saturday of the month at 12noon in English and the fourth Saturday of the month in Spanish at 12noon. Children ages 6 or Older, must attend at least (1) year of Religious Education, before scheduling their Baptism.
Procedures for scheduling Infant Baptism are:
- Complete and send the Baptismal Form (English, attached below) to Deacon Cesar Sarmiento email@example.com.
- For Infant Baptisms in Spanish, please complete the Baptismal Form (Spanish, attached below) and contact the Parish Office (201-434-8500)
- Both parents are expected to attend the Pre-Baptismal Class. Please Call Parish Office to register for the class. (First Sunday of the month)
- A Maximum of two sponsors will be recorded in the baptismal record, if you choose only one godparent, you are free to choose a male or a female. However, if you wish to have two godparents, there must be one male and one female. At least one must be a practicing Catholic. (Canon Law 872-874).
- Godparents have to provide a copy of the confirmation certificate or a sponsor letter of eligibility from their Church.
Contact Deacon Cesar at:
Phone: (201) 434-8500
Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
The R.C.I.A. Program refers to the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. It is designed to welcome adults into our Catholic faith. Preparation is a year-long ongoing process culminating at the Easter Vigil Mass. The goal is to receive the Sacraments of Baptism (for non-Christians), Confirmation and Holy Eucharist.
Do you know someone or are you someone who is interested in becoming Catholic or is a Catholic but has not yet received all of the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist)?
- Non-baptized adults who wish to enter the Catholic Church Baptized adult Christians of another denomination (i.e. Lutheran, Anglican, Presbyterian) who wish be received continue their Catholic Church.
- Adult baptized Catholics who have not completed the Sacraments of Initiation (Holy Communion and/or Confirmation) and wish to do so.
Our parish will be offering this program starting September. Call or stop by our office and get the RCIA form. We will be happy to assist you.
Contact Rene Tolentino at:
Phone: (201) 434 8500
RCIA REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2021 - 2022 year.
Annointing Of The Sick
The Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick celebrates and reminds us of God’s compassion and helps us to experience the spiritual and sometimes physical strengthening needed when we are ill. The Sacrament is available on an individual basis for anyone preparing for surgery or suffering any chronic illness.
A request to receive this Sacrament may be made by calling or visiting at the Parish Office. The Sacrament may be administered at the church or in an individual’s home or hospital.
A Mass of Anointing will be offered once a year in church close to the Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
Penance and Reconciliation
Reconciliation celebrates and reminds us of God’s mercy and helps us to experience divine forgiveness, to forgive ourselves and to become reconciled with others.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is celebrated weekly each Saturday afternoon 4:00 - 5:00 pm in the Main Church.
Matrimony is the sacred union of a husband and wife in marriage for a lifetime of dedication to one another’s spiritual growth and well-being and also of their children. Couples requesting to be married at St. Mary’s must contact the Parish Office one year in advance of the desired wedding date.
One member of the couple should be an active member of the Catholic Church and both need to be canonically free from any previous marital unions. In discussion with the priest or Deacon whom they choose to witness their ceremony, they will work out an appropriate schedule of preparations.
- Natural Family Planning Seminar.
Contact Parish Office at (201)434-8500